The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. Home is where the heart is. And the heart is where the family lives. The most important thing in the world is the family’s love.
What Is A Family?
By definition, a family is a group of people who are related to each other, but it’s more than that. It’s a meaningful connection and a powerful and unbreakable bond between parents, grandparents, elders, and children.
In this world filled with darkness and turbulence, our family is a place where we find the safety and comfort to be ourselves.
Being a part of a family is an experience you will never receive in any other place. It’s comfort in a world of uncertainty.
It’s a shoulder to lean on. It is also a source of joy, happiness, security, peace, and unconditional love. A major source of inspiration in our lives. It’s that warm and fuzzy feeling that no amount of money can buy. Both mother and father play an important role in forming the family.
Research shows that more father-child contact within the first 10 years leads to kids with fewer behavioral problems and high marks on reading achievement tests.
Family Is Not An Important Thing; It’s Everything.
And indeed it is true. Whatever you are today is somehow because of your family. From your very first minute in this world, they have been there by our side. Loved one plays a major role in shaping our dreams and our lives.
Your parents play a vital role in whatever you are today and whatever you become in the future. They are also loved ones who truly care. No matter how bad your situation is, the only place you can turn to is your loved ones. The only institution that works without money is the family.
The day the institution called family falls apart, the foundation of the world will be destroyed. Our families are where we experience our biggest triumphs and our deepest weaknesses.
How Will Our Life Be Without A Family?
You will realize the value of family only when you imagine your life without your family. Our lives will be cold and filled with darkness without the presence of our family members. We won’t have anyone to lean on in times of need.
Sure, our friends will be there, but for how long? Can you put your complete faith in your friends? Do you think that they will be able to meet your emotional needs now and then?
Can you count on them through the trials and tribulations? If you spend some time reflecting on these points, I am sure you will receive all your answers.
To feel loved and belonged is a basic human need, and your loved ones satisfy these needs along with all the other needs. A family will not only be there during your good times but also your bad times.
How One’s Perception Of Family Changes With Aging?
Studies state that cognitive neuroscience shows how one perceives the importance and value of family changes as he/she progresses with age.
The love that one has for one’s family lies on a variety of factors based on how your brain is evolving. Some may not be close to their family and not find them as an important part of their lives. However, some may feel otherwise. Each one has their own experiences and concepts.
But no matter what you think, an undeniable fact is that family is an absolute necessity.
We don’t realize this fact until we come across people who have no family of their own and no one to love and support and care for them. That’s when we begin to rethink how lucky we are that we have wonderful parents and siblings to love and support us.
Reasons Why a Family is Everything in One’s Life!
1. Stepping Stones
We visit this world helpless and naked, crying terribly. It’s our parents that put clothes on our body, food in our stomach, and a roof over our heads. We learn to talk, walk, dance, and sing, all thanks to our parents.
Every time a baby cries, it’s not just the parents but the whole family that comes to its aid. A mother feeds the baby. A father changes the baby’s diaper; a sibling shares their toys, a grandmother narrates stories, a grandfather takes the baby for a stroll.
A family acts as a stepping stone in a child’s journey through life. A child learns various things at home because of parents and grandparents. These things also help the child live its life in society and the world. Importantly, our family is responsible for our identity.
2. Teacher and Guide
Your parents guide and teach life lessons. We have our parents and elders who guide us in life. Moreover, they correct our mistakes and help us to learn from them.
A good family inspires and encourages members to follow their dreams. They also guide us and teach us about the good and bad. Additionally, they teach us to deal with various problems in life.
Your first lesson in human relationships and one that will most likely carry throughout your life begins with family.
How we form and manage relationships is learned from observations in the family.
3. Financial Help
Our biggest financial supporters are our parents. They fund our education. When we’re young, parents pay our bills. Additionally, they feed and clothe us.
Parents fulfill all our needs as well as wants as much as possible. And they do this all without any expectations or conditions. If we didn’t have our family’s care and love, we wouldn’t be able to satisfy even our basic needs. And that’s my next point.
4. Boundless Love
We receive boundless love from our parents and siblings. A family will love and accept you irrespective of your flaws and shortcomings.
- Family nurtures and cares for you the most.
- They will stand by your side through the troubled times and share in your joy through the happy times.
- Parents and siblings protect you from all the external dangers.
- A family will provide you with affection, understanding, and a feeling of belonging, love, laughter, and a sense of community.
5. Spiritual Support and Emotional Care
Parents play a critical role in a child’s emotional development. They provide you with the affection you need. Additionally, they can easily sense when you are upset. You can also freely share your worries and sorrows with them.
Furthermore, they won’t leave you alone in your time of need. Your parents and siblings will boost your self-esteem no matter what thanks to their unconditional love for you!
Did You Know? In Italy, 94 percent of 15-year-old kids eat meals with their families regularly.
Our parents and siblings also teach us decision making. Every decision you take in your life is somewhere or the other based on the experience you have gained from your parents.
Spiritual support and the core values received from a family is the foundation of humanity.
6. Make Better Society
Lastly and most importantly, it helps in making the society and country a better place to live in.
It’s a great example of the whole society. For this, all the family members are responsible. Not only elders, children too play a vital role. Every member has to put effort and work hard to keep the bond intact.
An ideal country is not only built by the government but also by a family.
The importance and value of family in our life are just equivalent to the importance of salt in a recipe. Its presence is not highlighted very much, but the absence makes your dish tasteless. Similarly, it is our life without your loved ones.
Reasons Why Family Is Important
Furthermore, here are some of the reasons why family is the most important thing in your life.
- They are reliable and dependable.
- Family trusts you and is there for you, even in your failures.
- They teach you the importance of family values.
- The family gives you a sense of belonging.
- They shape your future.
- They protect you from dangers.
I would like to conclude with a quote from Friedrich Nietzsche, “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.”
- To feel loved and belonged is a basic human need, and your loved ones satisfy these needs along with all the other needs.
- Your parents play a vital role in whatever you are today and whatever you become in the future.
- Being a part of a family is an experience you will never receive in any other place.
- Moreover, it is comfortable in a world of uncertainty.
- Our families are where we experience our biggest triumphs and our deepest weaknesses.
- A family will not only be there during your good times but also your bad times.
- We also learn to talk, walk, dance, and sing, all thanks to our parents.
- Moreover, a child learns various things at home because of parents and grandparents.
- Parents fulfill all our needs as well as wants as much as possible. And they do this all without any expectations or conditions.
- Our parents and elders also guide us in life. They also correct our mistakes and help us to learn from them.
- Additionally, your family will love and accept you irrespective of your flaws and shortcomings.
- You can freely share your worries and sorrows with them.
- Every decision you take in your life is somewhere or the other based on the experience you have gained from your parents.
- Thus, the importance and value of family in our life are just equivalent to the importance of salt in a recipe.
- Lastly and most importantly, it helps in making the society and country a better place to live in.
What are your thoughts about the importance and value of family in life? Leave behind your thoughts in the comments section.
Subscribe with AlignThoughts for more articles. You can also follow us on our social media channels to stay connected.
Meanwhile, enjoy reading more interesting articles!