Struggling with being a working mom? You aren’t the only one. Balancing work and family is a real challenge. Sometimes you think that you aren’t up to the task and that you no longer have the strength. A mom who does a 9-5 job finds it hard to discover the energy and time to do both jobs well. Let’s be realistic; this challenge requires unbelievable efforts. Studies found that more than 40% of working moms are significantly stressed. Only full-time working moms know how hard it is to balance work and family life while remaining sane. Here are a few steps you can take to make this seemingly impossible task easier for yourself. Read on to learn the interesting tips for working moms with babies at home.
Struggling With Being A Full-Time Working Mom? 9 Effective Tips To Help You!
1. Say Bye-Bye To Struggling Mornings
The morning rush often throws you into despair. You are late for work, and at the same time, your little one does everything to make your life even more bitter. So, there are problems with shoes and clothes, brushing teeth, breakfast, or something else that will surely infuriate you.
Not to mention that you have been tired and sleepless for days.
In that case, everything can irritate you. The best solution you can apply here is to go to bed half an hour earlier in the evening and wake up half an hour earlier in the morning.
If you are struggling with being a working mom, then it is essential to prepare for the morning madness. Here are some tips for working moms with babies:
- Be ready for all possible problems that the child can cause in the morning.
- It’s good to prepare clothes in the evening and store things to take outside.
- It’s also crucial that you teach children to prepare themselves as much as they can.
- Brace yourself for the morning routine by preparing your breakfast/meal the previous night.
- You can also arrange your clothing for your kid the night before.
- You can plan your meals on weekends.
- Take inspiration from these lunch box recipes for kids
- Busy working moms can save morning time with these easy breakfast ideas
You’ll save nerves and time, and show them the importance of independence. Remember, you’ll not always be around your child, so it’s better to get him/her ready as soon as possible to perform duties independently and responsibly.
Some working moms have made the whole science about mornings. It’s essential that in the morning, everything works flawlessly.
2. Stop Feeling Guilty Of Being A Struggling Working Mom
Balancing between work and family for women is delicate. Often moms feel guilty for working so hard and sometimes not having enough time for the kids. This certainly irritates them further, and nervousness comes as a natural consequence.
However, consider that you are working so your child could have a comfortable life. Even that boring job you are doing is for your child and his future. No mother will voluntarily separate from her child.
Instead, accept that you have to balance work and family life for a better future. Don’t always question yourself. There’s no perfect parent; all that matters is that you give the best you can.
3. Relationship With Your Spouse
Are you struggling with how to be a good wife and mother while working?
You may have a sense of guilt again. You believe it’s your fault that you don’t have time to hang out with your husband. All-day work and responsibilities don’t allow you to relax and socialize.
Without doubts, the most important thing here is understanding to balance work-family life. If you are a struggling working woman and have too many responsibilities, try to find a solution by agreement with your spouse.
Often the answer to a problem can be found by the simplest conversation.
In the end, you should spend at least an hour with your spouse. If nothing else, watch TV together, take a walk or just talk.
4. Find A Good Childcare Nearby Home
According to a study, more than 90% of working women reported having a good child care option. However, this comes at a cost. It’s a smart choice to opt for informal child care options to not only save money but also have a trustworthy caretaker.
The child is struggling with ill health, but being a working mom you have to balance the work and family simultaneously.
That’s worrying, this is a problem that many working moms often face. It’s tough to leave a sick child at home, but you have to go because your boss isn’t interested in your private life.
Working moms with babies can ease their worries with these childcare tips:
- The first thing you need to do here is to agree with your spouse about taking responsibility. If it’s easier for him to leave work than it’s for you, that might be one solution.
- You can also opt for good childcare or a nanny near your workplace/home.
- Grandma and Grandpa are also affordable and reliable choices.
- Plan to save a few days of vacation for situations like this. This always proves to be a useful solution.
- One more thing is essential: be good at work and do everything to make your boss appreciate you.
When you do your job well and professionally, your superior will have no choice but to let you go home when needed.
5. Stay Updated With The School
Being a working mom struggling with time is obvious. It often happens that a child starts to neglect school. This is an additional problem because you don’t have time to deal with this problem regularly. It’s rare for children to love school and learning. This segment is significant; most parents don’t know how to handle this situation.
- One way is knowing how to balance work, family, and children can be the best option.
- Another way is a reward system for your kid.
Promise your child a prize for success. It will teach him that it’s possible to get something we want only if we work hard and it’s also crucial that you are always informed about a child’s grades.
In spite of being a working mom, make sure to manage time to go to school and check the situation. This will prevent you from finding out about problems when it’s too late. It’s easier to fix things when you find out in time; otherwise, you can go crazy.
6. Make Time To Hang Out With The Kids
Parenting isn’t just ordering. Be a friend to your children. Allow them always to be able to confide in you. If a child doesn’t trust you, they will try to hide their problems. This will lead to much more difficult situations.
On the contrary, when a kid feels that his parent is his best friend, and you’ll learn all the essential information from his/her life. So, this will make your job easier.
Therefore, being a struggling working mom the time for fun is especially important for the mother-child bond. Plan each day to do something your child loves.
Fun activities like watching television, playing board games, some sport, would be a good way of balancing family and work. Family socializing is the foundation of a healthy atmosphere.
That’s why you need to put a lot of effort into the fun no matter how weird it sounds. Check out the fun ways to motivate kids to play outdoors.
7. Take A Break To Pamper Yourself
You need to recharge your energy. Even though your day is overloaded and you don’t have time, still you have to find a way to dedicate yourself. Take a break from everything and temporarily forget about everything. One of the better ways to relax is to have your own hobby.
Listen to your favorite band, dance, exercise, or just relax! Do what makes you happy. It isn’t easy to find a way to stay normal if you don’t forget about all the possible responsibilities that await you.
And yes, don’t worry about taking time for yourself.
Remember that you, too, are just a human being who desperately needs mental rest. Most working moms neglect time for themselves.
Don’t underestimate sleep. According to a study from the University of Michigan, working moms with babies are more stressed which leads to insomnia, lowered immunity, mood swings, and weight gain.
You’ll be much less irritable and will find it easier to tolerate all the nonsense your children do. Time for yourself may be perhaps the most important in the whole process of raising children. Rest for the soul is essential. And you have to take it seriously.
8. Don’t Listen To What Others Are Saying
What other people will say it’s often the source of our concerns. You are afraid of the reaction of your mother-in-law, friends, and other mothers. You must know that none of them has your problems. And also, other people will try to give you tips that are not applicable in your case. The decisions you make are yours alone, and only you know the reason for them.
Being a working mom, struggling on your own, only you have a complete insight into the situation. People pretending to be smart usually have their own problems, but it’s easier to solve someone else’s.
There’s no need at all to justify yourself to other people. And it’s easy to get depressed when you think you aren’t doing anything well.
People will quickly convince you that you aren’t up to the job. That’s why it’s crucial to have a strong character and stay firmly on your feet.
Mental strength is fundamental in this struggle with balancing work and raising children. The condemnation will never stop, but you need to stop caring about it.
9. Stay Organized And Avoid Distractions
When you are struggling with being a working mom, it must be said that time is the most important resource. You can’t afford to lose even one minute. That’s why it’s crucial to eliminate anything that will waste your time unnecessarily.
One of the best tips for working moms with babies is to mark your distractions and eliminate them. When you do this, you’ll find a little extra time to fulfill obligations and to have a good rest.
- Read this to learn how to be more organized at work
For example, taking too long to stay on social media wastes time. We often spend too much time on social media without any particular benefit.
Therefore, avoiding distractions and staying organized can be one of the good ways to balance work and family life.
Have you ever thought about searching for your mistakes and gain valuable extra minutes?
Let’s face it! The struggle of being a working mom, managing both family and work is real. Moms who work have to be mentally ready from early morning to late evening. They spend the whole day in a hurry and commitments that are hard to bear. There’s no easy solution to this situation. Sometimes you need to seek help and rely on other people. You aren’t alone, and you have to understand that.
Teach your children to be as independent as possible. Save your nerves and health. Working moms are real heroes. Often their work is underestimated, and in fact, only they know how hard their effort is.
We can say that combining work and raising children is a top achievement that only moms can do in the right way.
And don’t forget that raising children is the most important job in the world. Do you have more tips for working moms with babies? What are your thoughts on how to balance work and family life?
Key Takeaways On The Struggle Of Being A Working Mom
- Being a full-time working mom is a real struggle.
- You have to balance work-family life.
- After having a busy day, make sure to have a good me-time.
- For struggling working moms opting for good childcare alternatives would be a right call.
- Find work near your house or move accordingly. Working at a place closer to your house is a smart way for mommies to cut down the commute time, which you can spend with your kid at home instead.
- Make friends with other like-minded mommies to learn from each other.
- Avoid distractions and stay organized in your day-to-day activities.
- Plan ahead and buddy up with your kids for a strong mother-child bond.
What jobs are flexible for moms?
- An online tutor
- Web developer
- Freelance jobs like a content writer
- Virtual assistant
- Social media manager
Should moms work part-time?
- A study found that more than 47% of moms preferred to work part-time. Struggling working moms can do a part-time job. This can help them to find a balance for their family schedules yet smoothly meet the demands of the job.