Whether you are a health freak, a little plump, or just diet conscious; you must have heard the famous saying – ‘Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper’. Here’s what it’s all about. Following a proper eating time schedule along with the type of foods you eat during the day can determine your physical health and mental wellbeing.
Studies suggest that our body requires energy to sustain throughout the day. And most importantly the timing along with what we eat is essential to maintain the flow of vitality. As highlighted, eating the right meal at the right time will do wonders for your health and help you lead a well-balanced life.
Health Benefits of Eating On Time
- Our body works on a daily circadian rhythm which includes – metabolism of fats, cholesterol, and glucose flow.
- Observing the internal body clock to eat helps in proper digestion of the food hence improves our metabolism and ultimately curbs weight gain.
- Eating heavy dinner leads to gaining more calories and thus causing obesity.
- After fasting for 8 to 12 hours when we wake up, our body requires a high glucose level that helps to maintain our energy level throughout the day. Thus improving our productivity and reducing stress.
- The right meal at the right time is a great formula to prevent cardiac diseases as well as prevent type 2 Diabetes.
- Following our circadian rhythm breakfast provides all the nourishment we require to keep the rhythm intact.
- Late breakfast or skipping the most essential meal of the day leads to low blood sugar levels and ultimately erratic blood pressure thus leading to a plethora of diseases.
- It would take a longer time to react and decreased productivity due to crash diets.
Eating Time Schedule
Here is the daily eating time schedule for all the meals including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
There is no shortcut to health.
Breakfast Like a King, Lunch Like a Prince And Dine Like A Pauper. Why Make It Your Habit?
1. Breakfast like a King
A king is esteemed as the highest power of authority; treat the first meal of the day as if you are the king (as the most important person).
After a good night’s sleep, the body needs fuel to go through the day. The body is gearing up for the challenges of the impending day, it requires glucose. The heavy breakfast is the perfect way to fulfill the glucose requirement.
When the food is properly broken down and absorbed by the system, it works in perfect synchronization.
Eating a heavy breakfast does not justify eating unhealthy food. Avoid eating too many carbohydrates and fats instead of intake a high fiber and protein-rich breakfast. The body will break the meal and help absorb the nutrients.
Suggested foods to eat breakfast like a king:
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt
- Some form of low carbohydrates like a slice of whole/multi-grain bread
- Nuts and seeds
Some of the seeds you can eat for breakfast are:
Just remember to substitute the fats with proteins. According to your food preferences, you can plan your breakfast.
Here are some of the breakfast ideas you can check out.
2. Lunch like a Prince
A prince is responsible for the well-being of the kingdom. She/he needs a lot of energy to abide by and fulfill the responsibilities.
A meal that will help you improve your energy that might be dwindling towards the middle of the day is lunch.
It is a medium-sized meal that is smaller than the breakfast but bigger than dinner.
The afternoon is the middle of the day and thus the middle of the work, though the body has energy with all this hard work it might become low. To replenish energy and vitality, lunch should be planned.
Suggested food to eat lunch like a princess:
- Food that is rich in proteins and light on the fat is just right
- Salmon with omega fatty acids are best for lunch
- Chicken is also a good source of protein
- Include lentils and lots of vegetables to improve the dwindling levels of energy.
- Check out these easy egg recipes that can go well for your diet plan
- Include beans for extra fiber and protein
Some of the beans you can include for foods in the lunch are:
- Black beans
- kidney beans
- lima beans
- pinto beans
3. Dine like a Pauper
Dinner time is towards the end of the day. The day and its chores are almost finished and thus you do not require a lot of energy. In order to keep the meal light on the stomach, eat small quantities of food.
A small meal improves digestion. The body is ready for its rest and would not digest the food properly. Thus leading to obesity and indigestion.
Dinner like a pauper meal ideas & suggestions
- Include soups and lentils
- Along with green leafy vegetables
- Lean protein for dinner can aid in weight loss
- Try not to eat oily or processed food for your dinner as it is hard to digest
Eating lighter food towards the end of the day can help you sleep better and wake up replenished and healthy in the morning.
The most important thing to remember is that energy intake should be distributed equally across the entire day. Our social clocks have taken over our internal body clock thus disturbing our meal plan.
Following the mantra – Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper will help you throughout your life to remain healthy.
Key Takeaways on Eating Breakfast Like A King & Schedule
- Eating the right meal at the right time will do wonders for your physical and mental health. Stick to a proper morning routine.
- Breakfast should be eaten within one hour of waking or before 8 am.
Have lunch about 4 to 5 hours after breakfast, around 12 to 1 pm.
- Eat your dinner at least 3 hours before you go to bed, around 7 pm.
- Have a light calorie snack 3 hours after breakfast & 3 hours after lunch to keep your energy and glucose levels intact.
- So you must cultivate good eating habits in such a way that you eat breakfast like a king, meaning to eat foods that fill your stomach.
- Start your day with a variety of vitamins and minerals like eggs, berries, bananas, oatmeal, whole grain bread, fruits, smoothies, vegetables, etc.
- Cultivate eating habits in such a way that you eat lunch like a prince, meaning to eat foods that slightly fill your stomach. The calorie intake must be less than breakfast, but more than dinner.
- Salmon with omega fatty acids are best for lunch and chicken is also a good source of protein.
- Dine like a pauper, signifying to eat foods that half fill your stomach.
- You can include soups and lentils along with green leafy vegetables.
FAQs on Eat Breakfast Like A King
Who said eat breakfast like a king?
“Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.” was quoted by Adelle Davis
Subscribe to us and stay tuned with our new updates. Do you follow a healthy eating time schedule? Do comment your thoughts below. For more updates also follow us on our social media channels.